Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 10: Lady Fail

This is probably the first time since college that I have been so continually surrounded by lots of girls with no boys present. I am often with 4 to 6 girls at a time, and the experience is maximized by the fact that we are not each in our own spaces. We are usually all in one room or all together on a walk talking and chattering in typical female fashion. It's refreshing and exhausting all at once....sooo good for me.

Anyways, last night was the usual female fiesta in our apartment, and one of our roommates had been baking all day for her boyfriend serving in Afghanistan. However, she considerately reserved some chocolate chip (Texas-shaped) cookies for us. And when she finished using the chocolate dipping sauce for the truffles (I would say graham cracker balls but she would be highly offended..she explained that they must be called TRUFFLES... :)...)...she provided us with the bowl of chocolate. Well...girls and chocolate are kind of like missing socks and black holes....they gravitate to them..very..quickly...so seven of us flocked to the chocolate and began to fervently dip cookies and graham crackers into this liquid delight....And apparently I somehow dipped my face. I mean really...it was an accident. This was quite hilarious to my counterparts as we were just discussing my adventures in "lady lessons". First Fail.

Second Fail. As the evening proceeded, one of the girls described my style as androgynous.."in a good way"...I mean it's really not a bad thing...but it was funny in light of the early discussion and situation.

I believe all of this is what led me today to consider buying a purple cardigan covered in roses with sparkly buttons. I did not make the purchase...but it's on my mental "wish list".

Now besides the lady nonsense, I forgot to mention that our apartment provides a complimentary coffee machine that I believe would make my friend Jonathan cry.....in agony. However, I do make use of it. Lesson learned: lattes created from a white and brown stream pouring out of a machine=disappointing.

I should also add that today I rode the third longest continuous escalator in the world (according to wikipedia) at the Rosslyn metro stop. My friend and I timed the ride at a little above 2 minutes but more accurately, wikipedia records the ride at 159 seconds.I forced myself to simply ride it the whole way up which was completely contrary to my typical relationship with escalators. Neat.

I miss Dr. Pepper.

1 comment:

  1. don't buy the cardigan. that sounds disgusting. but you know how i feel about girly things like that.

    ReplyDelete